Monday, June 7, 2010

Finally!!



Last night I was hanging out with Lance and it was about 10 when he told me that he was going to go so we said good night and I started doing some dishes when I heard a knock. I thought it was coming from the front door but Orion ran into my bedroom and started barking at my window. Growing up, one of my worst fears was someone knocking on my window and trying to get in so at first I thought it was pretty weird and I asked who it was. Lance replies "it's me, open your window" and I ask why and he says "don't ask why, just do it". When I lift the blinds and open the window I see Lance sitting on a stool with his guitar in hand. He starts strumming a little tune and says how macho is he and how he never tells me how much he loves me and that I'm his best friend and this whole time I'm thinking he is just being sweet for once. I never thought it was going to be the moment until he brought up having kids and then I knew. He put his guitar down and pulled out the ring and asked me if I would be his wife. I kept asking if he was serious cause I could not believe it was finally it. So here we are, I'm inside the house, Lance and the ring are outside of my window and so he hurried back around to the front door and put the ring on my finger. I couldn't be any happier! The picture of us was from one of our first dates.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annette said...

Yea!!! Glad to have him officially apart of our family!

That is funny about the window thing... but very sweet.

Anonymous said...

So very happy for you two! Glad Lance will be part of the family! I think he fits in nicely!

Em said...

Thats so awesome!!!! And your ring is fabulous! What a cute way to be proposed to- sounds like a keeper!

Tracy said...

CONGRATA girl! And dang...your mom said the ring was gorgeous...but that was an understatement!!!!

Unknown said...

CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faye said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you :)

Lindy said...

Yay!!!! You're engaged and you updated your blog! Best day ever! haha--I'm so happy for you guys

pop said...

You can tell your husband-to-be that this is one of the most romantic proposals I have ever heard about. Hurray! We just booked our flights for the wedding. We are excited for you and to see all of your family. Your mom has kindly offered to help put us up at your house when rooms are available. We can't wait. Don't know yet if Cynthia can come. We'll see 1st of July.
We love you, love you, love you and are so happy for you both.
Love, "Grammy" Marcia Newell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...