Tuesday, August 28, 2012

36 weeks

today i had my 36 week appointment. my appointments are now weekly! i never thought i'd get to this point.

i had my first check to see if i'm dilated at all (no one told me how uncomfortable it'd be, ouch!!!), sadly there was nothing going on down there. he is still head first so at least that.

next friday i'll get another ultrasound to check on the baby's size and my fluid levels and all that. can't wait to get another peek at my "little" man!

now that the nursery is ready, the baby bag is packed and my hospital bag is started, the next step was to install the car seat! it's exciting to see it sitting in there!! it feels a little wobbly and the incline looks pretty steep so i definitely want to run by a fire station for an official check before he goes on his first car ride.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Can't believe you're 36 weeks along! It'll be here before you know it! Hang in there! :-)

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Getting checked is probably one of the worst things EVER about having a baby.

When I was contracting a lot a few wks ago, my dr wanted to check me to see if I was dilated any. I told him: you would have to pay me a thousand dollars to check me right now. HE didn't think it was funny at all, but the nurse in the room laughed. Come on, it HURTS so freaking bad.

Love the nursery! You have everything you need and more!!!

The carseat may it better in the middle seat. We liked having the carseat in the middle because the seat cushion was more flat and so we could get a good tighten on the latch belts.

Eeeeeks! Youre almost there!!!

Kristen said...

Girl, then you can probably imagine my pain level when the doctors said "wow, your cervix is really up there!". Can't wait for labor when they check multiple times a day! Not.

I thought about putting it in the middle seat but since I have an SUV I don't know if I'll be able to pick the carseat up that high and reach that far in! I'll def give it a try though!

Unknown said...

Almost there! You are so READY. Also, getting checked sounds truly awful. :( Boooo.

The Hargretts said...

By the end of the September you'll officially be a mommy!! Oh my gosh that sounds so exciting. You're also looking quite amazing too, I love all your cute outfits.

Tanya said...

Man, Kristen! You just keep giving me more and more frightening info about 35 weeks and above! haha. It's good to know, though, because I think the doctors purposely don't tell me now. But I gotta be prepared!

I can't believe how soon your little man will be here! I'm jealous! I know I'm already so antsy, so I can't even imagine how antsy you must be!

Unknown said...

You look awesome! Getting Checked is THE WORST!!! Just wait until they're checking you in the middle of a contraction! OWIE! We had our carseat behind the driver's seat for a long time, but I started getting paranoid about getting in a wreck and decided the safest place was the middle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...