Tuesday, November 5, 2013

a night time conversation

i am an early to bed person. always have been.
lance is the complete opposite.
orion will come and lay in the bed with me until lance comes to lay down and then he'll switch to the couch.
but since its been a little cooler at night, orion has been staying on the bed longer with us.
saturday night lance comes to get in bed and i wake up and pat the bed and tell orion to come over to me.
then lance and i have this conversation all the while i feel like i'm completely awake.

kristen: what is the puppy name of his halloween book?
lance: what? who?
kristen: orion, the puppy name of his halloween book.
lance: i'm not understanding, can you ask it in another way? 
(poor guy has learned to be careful with his questions)
kristen: no... just.... nevermind....
lance: are you asleep?
kristen: no, i'm awake... nevermind.

and i give up and go back to sleep.
when i wake up sunday morning, i remember this happening but forgot exactly what i said but told myself that once lance tells me what i said, i'd be able to explain it perfectly now that i'm awake and fully conscious.
when lance wakes up, he takes out his phone and reads to me what i had said to him that night.
what is the puppy name of his halloween book?
what does that even mean?! i have no idea! 
what the heck was i dreaming and how did i feel so awake trying to explain it to him that night?
so strange!


4 comments:

Shells said...

When I am really, really tired I'll have conversations with Brad and have no clue the next day. I've said some pretty funny things, so he tells me :)

Annette said...

Well I have to say at least Lance is kind to ask can you ask that in a different way! I know some people who like to play along and keep the frustration going! Just saying!

Ladle Mama said...

Dude...this must run in the family. Robby talks in his sleep ALL the time. This past week he's talked in his sleep to me every night. It's a new adventure every night waiting to see just what he'll say! :-)

Maggie said...

I do stuff like this ALL the time!! Sometimes I am really mean too! haha!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...