Monday, September 17, 2012

38 week update

****if you're friends with me on facebook, you might have noticed some controversial comments on the status with our decision for a c-section. just like my status, this is informing my friends and family and looking for support. please do not post your opposing thoughts or your success stories of birthing a large baby. i will delete your comment.*****

so after my last ultrasound showed the baby measuring at 8 lbs 15oz, my doctor, who i think is just amazing, dr dixon weighed out our options for a vaginal birth vs c-section for us. all we needed to hear was the least risk for the baby was c-section and i knew that was our choice. we, of course went home and discussed it together and prayed about it and felt good about our choice. considering that i've consistently measured big this whole pregnancy (at 38 weeks my fundal measurement is 42 weeks) and just by looking at me, we were pretty confident this is a big boy. not just this "could be a big boy" but he IS a big boy.

and for those who think i should try and labor first, then go into a c-section if it doesn't work out. that has more risks. so why waste time?

so we scheduled a c-section for friday the 21st. it's so nice knowing there is an end date! the thought of surgery doesn't scare me yet. hopefully when the time comes i'll be just as calm. i'm prepared for the rough road ahead in terms of recovery but lance will be home with me for a few weeks and i'm sure i'm going to have to basically kick the grandma's out of the house.

that's about all that's going on lately. i will be so happy to not hear "you're still pregnant?!" at work or at church. i get so much attention anywhere i go. everyone wants to know when i'm due and how many babies i'm having.

i guess the next time i blog, i'll have a baby to show off :)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wooo!!!!! I'm so excited to meet this big little man! And that there is an end in sight for you. Less than 5 days!!!

Tanya said...

I agree. Why spend hours and hours in labor when you'd probably end up having a c section anyway? Save yourself the extra pain and hassle!

Also, I can't believe people at work and church say things like that! I definitely don't think you look like you're carrying multiples at all!

Brittany said...

I agree and WE support you totally! Looking at how things went for us I'd TOTALLY go back and have a planned c-section if I knew it wasn't going to work out in the end, why waste time!? This way you'll be able to prepare for a c-section and mentally and emotionally you'll know that's how you're baby is coming into the world. I hope anything I've said to you hasn't irked or offended you, I'm just trying to help speaking from experience! Good luck! So happy you'll get to see him soon and have an end date!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

You know my thoughts on all the FB controversial comments :-)

I am so excited for you!!!!! You will be so relieved going into surgery and having that baby 20-30 minutes after getting on the table. One of the biggest worries I have is not knowing WHEN it is going to happen, which is huge when I have to worry about what happens with Brinley. But, I know we'll be taken care of and so will she.

I hope you guys are all prepped and ready to go!!! Woooo!!! It's baby time!!!!!

Danny & Joanna Rodriguez said...

Nothing but support and prayers sent in your direction! There is nothing like seeing your husband become a father and holding that sweet baby in his arms! So excited for you!

Em said...

Like I said on FB way to stand up for yourself cuz! I think one of the hardest things about being a Mom is the "advice" that others feel they have a right to give. There have been a few times I have cried and felt like the worst Mom on the planet because of opinions people have voiced. It doesn't really matter how your baby gets here as long as he gets here healthy. Love ya!

The Hargretts said...

So excited!! Sounds like the best decision to get a c-section. I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Amber said...

So excited for you :) Can't believe that it's almost time! It's comforting knowing that you have a set date and not having the suspense of well is he coming now or not :) Good luck with the recovery! I adore Dr. Dixon as well :)

Unknown said...

I am so excited for ya'll! Let me tell ya, the whole labor for hours ending up C-section thing SUCKS! You end up TOTALLY exausted! So ya'll made a great choice! You'll be in my prayers! You and Lance are going to be awesome parents!

Annette said...

Ya for getting little man here safely. And really you would kick me out of the house? Geeze! The only thing that sucks for me is work! Then I will be down in Orlando... :-( He's basically going to be grown up by the time I get time off in Dec.

freya said...

so excited for you guys! it's going to be great, especially since you'll get to take the little bundle of joy home with you!
can't wait to meet him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...