Wednesday, September 26, 2012

i have a baby


today is my due date and i'm looking at my 5 day old baby. 
it's the craziest thing to look at him and think how he was just chillin inside of me. all 10 lbs 8 oz.
that's right! i told you i had a chunker in there.

i couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby. he's the most beautiful baby i've ever seen and he's so chill and calm all the time. i could kiss his feet all day.

i am enjoying maternity leave way too much and i love having lance around all the time. i love seeing lance interact with liam. a whole new side of lance that i've never seen has come out. he's so sweet and tender with him. it gets me every time i see him kiss liam.

post partum recovery is going. the incision was glued shut so it's not really gross like if it had stitches or staples. only one time did i rate my pain over a 5 to the nurse. so i think i had a pretty good outcome.  i have a flabby 4 month pregnant looking stomach and huge boobs that have stopped me from trying to look decent looking. sweats and lance's shirts are still the outfit of choice.

did you like the picture of liam above? lindy brought her camera with her to the hospital and snapped a few shots so look forward to a post with those gems as well as a delivery story post.
speaking of which, lance has some pretty graphic pictures from the surgery so prepare yourselves cause it gets real. (like my uterus sitting on top of my stomach real)

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Yay!! So cute!! I'm glad the recovery is going well. And also, is it weird that I'm excited for those graphic pictures? I'm not a creepy, I swear. I'm excited for the cute Lindy pictures, too!

Sarah said...

What a cutie!! Way to go with recovery! Can't wait to see more pictures of Liam and to hear your delivery story!

Katie said...

What a beautiful baby boy!! And gosh I am obsessed with the name Liam! What good taste you have!
So happy for you guys.

Unknown said...

He is such a cutie!! And I can't wait to see all the pics! Shelley wasn't able to get many graphic pictures with my C-section, but the ones she did get are uber cool! I'm glad everything went good for you!!!

freya said...

woo birth story! can't wait to hear! and you do have a baby! that's nuts!
love that little cutie!

pop said...

I still can't believe that your little tiny body could hold just a chunk! He's ounces bigger than my boys. Glad you had a section, and had one without the prelim. labor. I hope Kathy passed on my thoughts to you. Our oldest daughter used an electric pump at work for months while working after her first 2 kids were born. She basically used every lunch hour "producing" lunch for her babes. A double pump would be faster and would give you time to do something more than sit in solitary while you pump. Kudos to you and Lance and your new little one. Love, Marcia Newell

Rachel said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy to have found your blog because I had a baby on the 20th!

My baby has just woken up so I can't write more now but I'll def. be back. I hope we can be bloggy friends as we'll be going through similar things!

Rach @ www.vicarswifeintraining.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...