Wednesday, June 5, 2013

mothers day 2013

* even though we're about a month past mothers day, i finally finished this post.

last mothers day i was about 17 weeks pregnant and we had the argument about whether or not i was considered a mom or not. of course i thought the morning sickness, constant tiredness and feeling baby kicks told me i was a mom but lance disagreed. this year there was no doubt i was a mom!
during the week liam's sleep schedule was thrown off from being sick and from practicing his pulling up skills every time he woke up. liam's present to me was a full nights sleep! i didn't have to get up from the moment i laid my head down. i forgot what that was like!
as i was in the bathroom getting ready, breakfast appeared on the counter! toaster strudels! my man knows what i like!
and a funny story about the card i got....
it looks a little familiar from last years! when you find a good one, you know it! i think lance got a little more creative last year by putting his face on the bear.

i got another bead for my pandora. it says mom and has some stones on it. love it!
 
we spent the day before with my mom and family and the day of at church then home relaxing and then with the andersons. perfect weekend.

i am so glad i have been given the chance to mother this little boy. he is constantly making me smile and i couldn't imagine our life without him right now. the role of being a mom is the hardest thing i've ever taken on but it is also the the most amazing/rewarding thing i've ever done.

in case you can't see that face good enough, he's a closer shot.
love him.

 
i am also so grateful for my mother who raised me right
and for the mother who raised lance right

 
best real "first" mothers day ever!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy mothers day to you :) You are such a great mom!

I got in just under the wire with Amelia, so I never had to face the "do you count as a mom for this yet?" debate.

And Liam's hair is killing me!! Soooo precious.

freya said...

how awesome about the card repeat. love when that happens and you don't realize you've done it!
we're mother's day timing twins! glad your first one was great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...