Wednesday, August 1, 2012

32 weeks and some answers

on monday we had an appointment that included an ultrasound to check to see how big our "little" man really is. well turns out, he's pretty big. he is measuring at 4lbs and 13oz (most babies at this point are like 3.5-4ish lbs) which is in the 80 percentile. so if he stays growing at this rate, we'll have a baby in the nine pound range on our hands. yikes. let the anxiety begin.
i was getting really freaked out thinking about pushing this monster kid out so when the nurse said "let's check to see if he has hair" and we saw lots of hair floating around his little head, it temporarily stopped my anxiety.
we were also able to watch him do his practice breathing. it was amazing to see his little chest moving up and down getting ready to do his thing when he comes into this world. he was also head down so hopefully he'll stay that way.
then came the appointment with dr dixon. my blood pressure has increased with each appointment and it's starting to get pretty high. i've always had low blood pressure so this is extra worrysome. luckily i don't have any sign of protein in my urine which would be a really bad sign. so i'm going back on friday to get my bp and urine rechecked to see how it's changed in a matter of days.
he also said he'll schedule an ultrasound at "36 or 37 weeks to see how big he is then if i make it that far".
i know first time moms usually deliver late, and it's probably false hopes but i could have this kid in a month or so! so crazy!


here are a few pictures from the ultrasound. his face was nuzzled up against my placenta the whole time so we didn't get to see him that good. hopefully with the arrow marks it'll be easier to see whats what. and then, obviously thats his foot.




friday after my bp and urine check, i'm skipping town with my sister and mom for one last hurrah before i have this baby. i'm sure there will be a blog post on that!

6 comments:

sara raquel said...

I hope everything goes well with your blood pressure! That's so crazy that there might be a little lance in just a month, can't wait to meet him!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

AH! No fun. My blood pressure is always a worry when I'm pregnant. I can't believe how big that baby is! I thought pushing out an 8 pounder was a big deal, but I can't even imagine adding 1 or 2 more pounds of baby....ahhh! Do you have swelling?? My friend had preeclampsia and had to be induced a week early because her bp wasn't getting any better and she was carrying SO much water weight.

Hey, having a baby early isn't a bad deal at all at this point :-) Once you get closer to 37 weeks it's no big deal.

I hope your bp levels out and talk of preeclampsia and early induction are out the door at your next appt!

have fun on your girls trip!

The ArgentineHudson said...

Baby Anderson will be super cute with a head full of hair :)

GET THE SCOOTER (for the zoo) DO IT! you wont regret it

Unknown said...

Little hairy babies are so cute!! I can't wait to meet this handsome man. I hope the bp ends up being no big deal--you only have to make it a few more weeks. That is so crazy!!

I can't wait to hear all about your girls trip :)

Sarah said...

I had high blood pressure when I was pregnant with James. I was put on partial bed rest (worked half from home) but never got bad enough to be diagnosed with preeclampsia. Honestly, it's the summer heat! Try to stay well hydrated and in the A/C.

James was also considered a big baby. At my 39 week appointment he was measuring 9 lbs. He was born 3 days early (on his own) and weighed 8lbs 11oz.....born without any complications. I truly believe your body knows how big of a baby you can have (unless you have gestational diabetes) and you will do great!

Amber said...

I had an appointment on Tuesday. My blood pressure still looks good, but Dr. Dixon said I was measuring 3 weeks ahead! So, I have a feeling we'll have a pretty large baby as well! He told me they'd schedule an ultrasound for between 34 weeks and 36 weeks. I have to travel for work at the beginning of October, so I'm a bit nervous about that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...