Friday, November 16, 2012

back to work

last night i made sure to snuggle my little guy extra long cause i knew i'd be wanting it all day long.
this morning i set my alarm early just so i could spend more time with liam. i really wanted to snuggle him with him being asleep but instead got this happy awake little guy.
i think he knew mama needed those smiles.
i cried getting him dress, putting him in his carseat, driving over to lori's house, tried putting on a brave face but ended up having to just hand him off and leaving before i completely lost it and all the way to work.
thank goodness i got to work with ten minutes to spare so i could relax and let my puffy eyes chill out before i went in. by 10:30 i was needing a good pumping and 10 ounces later, i felt much better! now that half the day is over, i've been able to handle my emotions better (every time a co-worker comes to cheer me up with their "i cried like baby my first day back" story i lose it all over again.).
i have been keeping in touch with lori pretty often and really felt better when she sent these.
hopefully next week will be just a little bit easier.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! It's hard to believe it but it will eventually get easier!

Sarah said...

He seriously is such a cute kid! Love those smiles! Way to go with pumping too! That is mama dedication right there! And of course tell Lori to keep sending those pictures your way! I always have my mom text me updates/pictures when she has my kids. I think it helps a lot when you can see that he's happy and well.

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

You can do it!!

He is so adorable! What is that piano thing he is kicking??

Kristen said...

Thanks guys!

Meahan- it's a play mat with a piano at the end so when he kicks it makes sound. Obviously he has no idea he's making the sounds happen but he loves to kick away at it!

freya said...

you did it! on a brighter note, you get to chat with my awesome self all day? hmm definitely doesn't compare to little liam. haha. he's such a cutie!

The Hargretts said...

look at those smiles!!! Man I wish I woke up to smiles... I usually get half opened eyed confused faced Chris. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...