Sunday, November 18, 2012

liam's blessing day

liam was blessed on november 4th.
(for those non-lds readers, in our church, after a baby is born they are prayed over usually by the dad with a group men and is given blessings usually to follow Jesus and to remain faithful to Heavenly Father.)
lance was accompanied by his dad, his grandpa, his brother blake, my dad and my brother bryan. lance gave a beautiful blessing. i was worried about how liam was going to behave during it. you see, the kid grunts all day long like it's his job. i could just see him grunting the whole entire time. or ripping one of his loud man farts into the mic. but he didn't make a peep! i was told that he was looking around peacefully during the whole prayer.
the week of the blessing my mom and i went looking for an outfit for him to wear. we found some traditional blessing outfits but i just wasnt feeling it. i was only looking at them because it's what most people dress their boys in. to be honest, they are all kind of sissy boy looking to me. so i went off the beaten path and dressed liam how i wanted and i think it turned out pretty adorable.
here's my little man:
and here are my men:
everyone that came for the blessing:
the men in the blessing circle:
 four generations of andersons:

 the ladle side:
 the anderson side:
 the proud grandparents:

4 comments:

Tanya said...

So cute! He really looks like a little man! We are blessing Nathaniel in the outfit Jesse wore. It's a little frilly, but totally cute! Haha

The Hargretts said...

I love generation pictures! So exciting. I liked Liam's outfit. Nice and manly but yet still adorable.

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I'm with ya. Some boy blessing outfits are silly. He's cute in his sophisticated man outfit! Love his shoes! Ellie will HOPEFULLY wear brinleys blessing dress...if she can actually fit into it!

Sarah said...

Love his outfit! Isn't it amazing how babies are just so peaceful during blessings? Also, you look great!!

I felt the same way about blessing outfits when I went shopping for James. The week before I was so upset I couldn't find anything and then my two sister-in-laws came to the rescue! They helped me find a pattern and make a simple one piece outfit! Then we modified the pattern to a dress for Savannah. Guess I will be making another one soon enough!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...