Friday, March 1, 2013

let's just do everyone a favor

a post not about my cute little baby? unheard of!
but let's be honest, we all hate them. that stupid verification box that you have to really squint to see or just do trial and error just to post a comment.

i mean, what number is that even?! dont get me started on those letters.
i consider it a good day if i only have to rewrite the comment once because i got the stuff wrong. sometimes just the thought of messing with those stupid things stops me from commenting all together.
lazy i know.
i had no idea that you can turn that option off or on. once i figured that out, i wondered why anyone would use them. except maybe those big name blogs that probably do get comment spam or robots posting comments. i am interested to see what a robot would comment though.
 but let's be real, that doesn't apply to me and most likely any of my readers.
so let's just do everyone a favor and turn them off.
i will even show you how, with pictures!!!
can't get easier than that.

So
step one. from your dashboard select that arrow between the new post button and the view blog button and go down to settings and click that.


                   
 step two. on the left side under settings select posts and comments.


 step three. look for the "show word verification" drop down and select no.


and bada-bing those pesky illegible boxes are gone.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh my gosh! I so agree. I have a picture on my phone of the craziest one I ever saw. I tend to copy the text that I write just so I don't have to rewrite everything whenever I get one of those stupid things wrong. And if it turns out that I have one of those, I'll feel really stupid. haha

Danny & Joanna Rodriguez said...

Done! I hate that thing! I sit there and say to myself... "I'm not a robot!"

The ArgentineHudson said...

THANK YOU!
doing it now

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

amen amen amen!

Brittany said...

Hahahaha you're awesome! I didn't intentionally have mine set on that...But it's gone now! :-) You can now go back to posting about your cute baby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...