Wednesday, April 10, 2013

post baby weight loss

remember this post? i mentioned my work was doing a biggest loser contest?
well i didn't win. but i did come so close to making my personal goal!
in 90 days i had a goal of losing 15 pounds. that would put me 5 pounds away from my pre-baby weight.
i ended up with a total of 12 pounds lost.
i lost those from mostly watching what i ate and when i ate it. so maybe i would have lost those 3+ other pounds if i added working out into my schedule. i'm def not done trying to lose weight. i'd love to get those last 8 baby pounds off of me and then start to work on getting my pre-wedding body back. but if i dont fit back into my old jeans, i'm ok with that. my hips spread like pangaea when i was pregnant and i'm ok accepting my new body shape.

but let's get real about my weight.
i gained double, the recommended amount of weight when i was pregnant. even though i had the "you're all belly" comment almost daily, every part of my body got their share of the weight.
at my heaviest while i was pregnant the scales reached 220. it was so sad for me to see that on the scales. it was honestly depressing i gained that much.
 when i had liam, 10 1/2 pounds of baby, tons of pounds of fluids and a huge placenta helped with some immediate weight loss. three weeks after birth i had lost 40 pounds. since that initial weight loss a pound or two would come off weekly then i seemed to plateau until we started this challenge.
i do wish the current number i'm at now would be smaller, but it's slowly getting there. thank goodness i'm tall so i can hide the weight better!

what i do like to see is that during this challenge i lost 6.5 total inches!!! that feels pretty good!


check out these before and after pictures that are the most horrible comparisons to the point that it's almost useless. it's all i got people!
liam is just a cuter subject than me so his picture gets taken a lot more than mine.

11 comments:

Holly said...

I was just sitting her lamenting on the fact that I wish my waist would come back. None of my clothes fit but I don't want to buy bigger clothes! haha This gives me hope that maybe one day I will have a waist again!

The ArgentineHudson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The ArgentineHudson said...

Thats awesome! and yes you are tall so you cant tell you have any "extra" weight...LUCKY!
Ditto on the hips, pangaea best way to describe it

Brittany said...

Nice job! I love your post 6 month dress!

Sarah said...

Way to go! Lookin good! Ahh yes the joyous re-shaping of hips.....seriously...its crazy!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

That dress!!!! So cute! You looked so fresh and amazing at Lindys shower. You were rocking those while jean capris and I was so Jeal! Gaining weight during pregnancy is no big deal, until after you have the baby. Why can't out minds accept that we JUST had a baby! For the love. I am finally in the road to accepting where I am right NOW and not dreaming about my pre-baby weight number, I was able to squeeeeeeeeeeeze into my pre-baby jeans but dang, it was a fashion crime. I have a bit more to to, but it was hopeful! Keep working at it girl! Seriously, the Jillian Michaels DVD is amazing--30 day Shred, I got off my working out groove, but I really tried to do it 3-4 days a week. It's 30 minutes!! My kind of work out!

The Hargretts said...

Like I said two sundays ago It was so nice to see you back in that fabulous dress. It was always a favorite of mine on you. You're doing awesome and looking great! I love the comment about your hips spreading like pangea too funny. Plus, it's only been 6 months that's not that long so losing that much weight is great! HAHA look I rhymed =)

Unknown said...

Way to go!!! I can't believe you're down so far! You definitely carried those extra pounds gracefully--you looked smokin' hot even right after your had him!

But your weight loss is definitely inspiring--can't wait to join you in a few weeks :) Maybe we can even start doing some stadiums again??? :)

Danny & Joanna Rodriguez said...

That's awesome! I learned with my own body after having Ava that it was going to take some time... so why not enjoy baby in the process? I ended up dropping over 100 lbs in 2 years and that's healthy. So glad you're doing it the healthy way and that you are okay with your body image, so many moms struggle with that. Congrats again on that 12 lb weight loss :)

Tanya said...

12 pounds in 3 months is awesome! And that dress looks awesome on you. Love it!

freya said...

you go girl!!!! looking great! sorry you didn't win, but what a success story!
no stadiums this spring to get our exercise in haha. that seems like forever ago!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...