Friday, June 7, 2013

three years ago and a guest post

three years ago (yesterday)
lance finally asked the words i had been waiting forever to hear.
you can read about our engagement here.

it's no secret that i was smitten with lance from the beginning and he took a little bit longer to warm up to the idea. it still continues to be like that with all of our big decisions.

in honor of this date, we have a guest post! no other than lance himself. here is how we met through his eyes.
enjoy.

First of all, I wanna say that I am honored to be asked to write something on this blog. I have been a big fan and frequent reader since I found out that it existed. I check everyday for updates.


I remember the first time that I met Kristen, and it was a long long time ago. Some of the memories are hazy, but some are clear as day. For example, I remember that it was Chris Hargrett's birthday, that were going out to eat at a restaurant, that I knew a ton of people were gonna be there, (Chris' birthday, come on) but I also remember being in a bad mood for some reason and I can't remember why. Haha, really weird. So Drew was dragging me to go out over there when I really didn't want to. I remember we were sat at our own table I think... or something weird...right by the main table with everyone at it. Of course Drew wanted to socialize, and I wanted to stay at our own table. We moved to the big table in a spot right by these "new girls" that I wasn't really excited about. They were full of life, joy, energy, and just all around happy. I hated that so bad. So one of them looks me dead in the eye and says, "Hey you're Blake's brother." It was Kristen. In what I thought was a clever, snappy, and mean retort, I said back, "Yeah my name is Lance actually." Not even that witty.... but for some reason I thought I got her good. She didn't say another word to me, and I was glad. For some reason people were passing phones around and putting each other's names and numbers in them. I saw Drew doing it, so I did it too. That may be the only reason I did honestly.

Anyway, some days passed and Chris invited some people to the movies. He tells me about the people that are gonna be there, and of course, the "new girls" are going. I told Chris, "Look man, you gotta leave these girl alone. You're giving them this inflated sense of self esteem, and you're gonna turn them into some sort of stuck up little things." Chris looked at me like someone should look at them after saying something that weird. Anyway, for some reason I get a call from Kristen, who had my number cause I put it in her phone. She was asking about the movie time or something. We text back and forth for a while and I decide it's time that I go on a date, cause it has been literally years, and this girl seems like a good one to start with. I'll spare all the details of that story for a different time, but we then dated off and on forever until I got my stuff together, then we got married and had a baby.  

 back to kristen- i may be biased but i like him a lot. so glad i stuck it out so he could be mine forever.  

4 comments:

Janell said...

LOVE that your guest post was Lance!!!
Now, how do I convince Rick that he should do a his side of the story post!? haha

Annette said...

HA I've never heard his side! I'm glad you asked him to post it... And for the record I'm glad Lance is apart of our family too! And that you got married and had a baby. HAHAHAHA! Lance you make me smile!

The Hargretts said...

That was an excellent guest post! Chris read it too and can testify that those were true words, especially the one about making the "new girls" too stuck up. He even said he was upset that you guys just dated off and on and didn't get it together. But everything worked out and you have a beautiful family =)

Sarah said...

Love the guest post from Lance! My favorite part of your on and off dating was when you went out to BYU-I and Lance didn't date anyone.....if she's gone and you're still not dating anyone else, what does that tell you? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...