Wednesday, January 18, 2012

just call me pop-a-lock

on a normal day i get home about 10 minutes before lance. yesterday this was the case. i was in my closet changing out of my work clothes when i hear a knock at the door so i run to get it, in my pajama pants and collared shirt ensemble. luckily and oddly it was only lance.
first thing he says to me is how he has never made this mistake. then he holds up his set of bank keys and says that he grabbed the wrong keys and locked his car.
we knew we had two options. call pop a lock or jimmy our way in. pop a lock would have been $100 bucks down the drain so we didn't want to go down that road. the problem with jimmying our way in was that we didn't have one single wire hanger in our house. not even thinking that the keys were locked in and a spare key does not exist, i began thinking up a plan to go make a copy at lowes. total blonde moment. while i changed, lance went around to some neighbors and finally found one that was home/willing to part with a few hangers.
our goal was to get the curve of the hanger to grab the manual door lock thing to unlock it. the hardest part was getting the hanger into the car. we first tried the passenger side door but that seemed hopeless. then we pulled off the side mirror on the driver side (his mirror is being held on by duct tape) and we were able to get in through that way.
30 minutes later i am able to finally push the door lock open to get in. before then i would be able to push it a tiny bit and then it would get to one point and swing back. talk about frustrating! also, i did all of this while having a bad case of hiccups.
so if you ever get locked out of your car and want to save major bucks, give me a call!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

As I have a regrettable amount of experience in such things, I can say with some authority that this is super impressive. I've never been able to get the wire hanger method to work. Maybe you've missed your calling?

Brittany said...

Where were YOU the 3 times we've been locked out of our car!? Mad skills right there!

Mrs. Blimes said...

Very nice! Man I used to lock myself out of my car all.the.time. Luckily I seem to have gotten better lately. Or maybe it's just that I never drive anymore...hmmmm

freya said...

well done mrs. pop a lock! you need to pay yourself the money you would have paid a real lock smith :)
i could never jimmy into a car, i'm sure!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

AWESOME!!!!

Anneliese said...

If you ever lock your keys in the car again .. Call my husband ' Professional Lockout Service' cheapest lockout business in Tally. He's $20 - $40 depending on where your at. And he's quick.

Anneliese Sleep Harrison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...