Wednesday, July 11, 2012

dresser = finished!

never again do i want to repaint a piece of furniture.
the sanding, the priming, the many layers of paint.
THE FLORIDA HEAT!!
it was quite the project for someone in their third trimester.
there was a lot of grunting while trying to get up and down.

this is the tutorial i tried to follow but mostly did my own thing.

before...

after sanding and priming and more sanding....
i had a dilemma picking out which color blue i wanted to us. back in the day of roommates i painted a wall in my room navy blue but it mostly looked violet. so i didn't want this little guy to have a violet looking dresser so i didn't want to go too light or too dark, just plain navy blue. i took a risk and ended up going with behr's "navy blue". the paint guy opened the can after it was mixed up and showed me a can of royal blue but promised it would dry darker. i put my trust in him and took it home.

i started to worry the color was more royal blue and less navy blue... 
 
very royal blue...
i was very happy to see that the lighting in the room darkened the dresser just perfectly!
here is the nursery all set up and ready(ish) for little man.
view from the closet
view from the doorway
last night i got the idea of recovering a lamp in our living room thats never used with the left over material from the quilt and the crib skirt that my mom helped me make.


before...

after!
it was probably the easiest project i've done so far.
a little adhesive spray, some snipping and hot glueing and ta-da!

next project: a whale mobile with the left over fabric!


other news non baby project related:
we've added a new name into the mix..... emmett.
so far we like liam, owen and emmett but we decided that we wont pick one until he's born and we see what that little face looks like.

i'm 29 weeks today! (sorry for the lack of belly pictures... those kind of went out the window)
where has the time gone? but at the same time, it feels like i've been pregnant forever.
it is just nuts that i could have a baby in less than 10 weeks!
oh maternity leave, you cannot come soon enough.

this baby loves to move around and we joke that he is doing feet moves like his daddy does.
but seriously, he has to be moon walking or tap dancing in there.

and i know it's a myth, but if the saying about acid reflux meaning this little boy will have a head full of hair, then he's going to come out with a head full of hair and a full beard. it has been rough! i feel for those ladies that have had this problem since the beginning!

last weekend i washed all of little man's clothes and put them away in his dresser.
theres no better way to get more excited and anxious for him to be here than to look at all of his tiny cute little clothes. he's going to need to be changed on the hour to wear all the clothes he's accumulated!

11 comments:

Tanya said...

I love, love, love that lamp!! It looks so good! Your projects make me wanna do baby projects. Maybe soon...
Also, if the acid reflux thing means anything, then my kid is also gonna be hairy! haha
Although, my sister had really bad reflux, and my niece was bald until she was like two...

Mrs. Blimes said...

SO cute!!! What a happy place for baby boy to come home to!

Brittany said...

Such an awesome job! I can't believe you did at, in your 3rd trimester! It looks awesome! And if you're having major heart burn and your little guy comes out with a head full of hair, then we'll know it's not just a myth cause, I mean look at baby Robby! :) So excited for you!!

The ArgentineHudson said...

I told you before and I will tell you again the dresser looks AWESOME!
And Happy 29 weeks!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Love the lamp! I need to do that project to some of our lamps. What a fun way to add some print and color to a room!

PS you WILL go through all his clothes at the beginning...it's called blow outs! LOL Brinley went through lots of sleepers the first month!

Annette said...

I'm glad it is almost all done. Then he can come. And I love all the names.

Katie said...

I love your nursery!! And we totally have same name taste- Liam and Emmett are two of my favorite names for a little boy! I love it :) Can't wait to see what you guys decide!

Unknown said...

The dresser and lamp look great!! I wish I was more creative!!
I had bad acid reflux (a combo of 2 tums and 1 pepcid helped me lots) and while Makenna doesn't have a ton of hair on her head, her arms legs and back are VERY fuzzy!

freya said...

love it! glad you took the leap of faith with the color! sorry about the reflux :(

sara raquel said...

the dresser re-do looks great!! baby has a nice room to come home to.


can you add me to your bloggy-listy thingy? thanks!!

Unknown said...

The dresser looks so good! I love the blue and green. So cute.
And the lamp is the perfect touch for the room!
Also, booo to reflux. Boooooo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...