Friday, April 19, 2013

3/30: relationship with my parents


3/30: describe your relationship with your parents

*to see what this list is about, look here.

i love them! one wish i have for my kids is that they love me as much as i loved my parents. my parents did a great job raising me (at least i think so...). they taught me what i needed to know and gave me room to make my own decisions. i loved that i wasn't held by a tight leash or that i had too much freedom that i made dumb mistakes or rebelled.
in high school i had a friend that i mostly did every thing with and then i had my church friends. until my senior year i pretty much did every with cassidy. for some reason we just ended up not hanging out as much. on the weekends i was either with my friends from church or hanging out at the house with my parents. i was completely fine with that too.
i told my mom everything and i would considered her my best friend (after lance). when i was out of state for college, i dont think there was a day we didn't talk. to this day, i dont think there is a day we dont send at least one text. she was a great example of how to be a great mom, wife and friend.

 my dad is all about the history of old wars and airplanes and loves visiting those types of museums. a few times he would take just me with him and we'd spend the day looking around the museum and then we'd grab dinner before we headed home. i dont know why i would love these trips so much but i'm really grateful that i had that alone time to bond with my dad growing up. i will always love him for being a great example of the type of man i should expect in a husband, dad of my future children and how to be a hard worker.
since having liam i love to watch them interact with him. it's amazing to watch your parents become grandparents and see the love they have for your child.
i also have a great relationship with my in-laws. i couldn't and wouldn't ask for better ones. they have treated me as one of their own. i'm so grateful that i dont have that awful stereotypical in-law relationship.

hope that didn't bore you!!

#4 is 10 things you'd tell your 16 year old self (i could probably list about 100)

wanna look back?
#1 and #2


2 comments:

Brittany said...

Ahh I love your parents. They are pretty great :)

Annette said...

Awe this brought tears to my eyes while reading it. I am a better person because we had children. You all continue to teach me. Grandchildren are the best. They love you no matter what. Even if you kiss them a thousand times on the neck or have wrinkles on your neck or arms. And I'm glad you have Lori too. She's amazing in my book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...