Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tornados and fires.

A few weeks ago, I got an email at work that reminded us of the internet policy. Ever since then I've been scared to venture to the websites i used to not give a second thought of going to. Hence, my blog has been lacking. I worked up the courage to get on here and update. Hopefully I wont get caught :)

I love the spring time in FLorida and I love the sunshine and even the heat, but I love the April showers that bring May flowers a little more. The past few weeks were very rainy and caused lots of flooding. A few weekends ago I went to Lindy's parents house in Marianna and we built a raft and floated around her flooded lake.
Our raft was made out of inner tubes and baby pools. Yes, we are supprised it worked also.


Preaching about a flood or something.

I bought an itouch last night. I'm pretty excited to be able to put things on it and have good music to listen to in my car instead of scanning radio stations. And before I fly out to Utah in August I'll be sure to put some tight movies on it for the flight. So far I like it but I don't like apple. Why do they make things confusing and frustrating?

So for as long as I can remember I've never been able to recall my dreams I had during the night that next morning. But for the past week I've been able to remember them every night. Yesterday during work, there was a bad weather front coming through. Bringing with it a tornado warning. There was a tornado about 20 miles west of Tallahassee so they sent out an email for us to get into a hallway and shut all the doors that had windows. That wasted about thirty minutes. So with the tornado drill during work, came a dream about a tornado. Do you ever have a dream that ends in two scenarios? In my dream I was at wal-mart and could see it but it wasn't coming near me. So I couldn't decide if I wanted to go to my parents house and save Murphy (my baby dog) or go to my apartment and save my room mates. I think I ended up going to both and the tornado never came to either.

Speaking of drills at work. We had the fire alarm go off while I was writting this. Someone toasted their bagel a little too long on the second floor. Yet another exciting day at work.

5 comments:

Annette said...

HAHAHAHAHA toasted their bagel too long. I bet that person will never live it down. Crazy girl you are!

Unknown said...

Wait are you coming out here for school?!!! And I've done that with my bagel...it was my last one. Sad story.

Kristen said...

No.. Just going out there for my grandparent's 50th.
Bagels are nothing to mess around with. A burnt bagel can really ruin your day.

Unknown said...

Haha oh my funny and totally true! I heart you Kristen. Why do you have to live so stinkin far away?!

pop said...

Kristen: I hope you can continue posting. I love reading your blog and seeing what you are up to. If its hard to do at work, go over to your folks and do it on their computer.
We hope to see you when you come out in August for your g'parents doings.
We still haven't done a quilt for you. Send us paint chips of the colors you want now, or we will wait until you finally take the plunge and get married. Love, Marcia newell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...