Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tear Jerker

I'm assuming everyone who reads my blog is a member of the LDS church so I'm going to go right in the purpose of the this post, without explaining what General Conference is and all that jazz.
Wasn't conference just great?!
First off, I love that the choir sang this song. It's one of the songs the primary learned this year. I don't think they had it in my primary days. It has such a beautiful message for the children to learn and understand. My favorite line in the song is in the first verse right before the choir, it says
"I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.
"
How basic and simple this line is, yet it's so comforting.

And second, how amazing was Richard G Scott's talk?! I could just feel the love he has for his wife while he talked. If I hadn't been at my in-laws house, I'm sure I would have been bawling like a baby. I loved everything he said. I felt his pain for the loss of his best friend, companion and wife.
Lance and I will leave little love notes for each other every once in a while so I like that he mentioned they did that. Is it weird if I ask Lance to write a personalized "“Jeanene, it is time to tell you I love you.” in our clock...?
I want to thank him for saying the part about holding your wife close and telling her how very much you love her. It really does make a difference in hearing that than just the plain "I love you".

I have listened to this talk at least 3 times and thought about it a lot. Every time I do, I always feel a bit emotional. I'm so grateful for the marriage I have and the amazing relationship with my husband. I wouldn't ask for anything more, other than maybe a few more back rubs and a few more snuggles :)

Also, I get to attend Lance's brothers sealing this weekend. I'm so excited to see these two finally get married. Erica and I would have talks all the time about the Anderson boys needing to step up to the plate so it's about time they seal the deal. It's the first sealing I'll be at that wasn't my own and I'm excited to see what it's like when you're not the one nervous and getting married! I'm sure the next blog post will include pictures!

3 comments:

freya said...

i loved that talk too! definitely one of my favorites!

The Hargretts said...

I will admitt I was a little hesitant to read this post because it said "tear jerker" and I'm at work but I read it anyway. HAHA

I agree AWESOME talk and I'm not lying when I say that this was probably the best conference I have ever heard. There was so much that I really needed to hear. OH and I loved how MOTAB sang the Primary Song I just couldn't believe it and hearing them sing it was just amazing. Not saying the primary children singing it isn't amazing but I hadn't heard it in a while so it was great.

Okay I'm done... sorry for the long comment. =)

Ladle Mama said...

His talk was my favorite too! Love, love, loved it! I'm thinking maybe it needs to be printed off and framed in my bedroom :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...